A selection of David Borrow's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Borrow’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Borrow’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what steps his Department is taking to fulfil its commitments under the AIDS Strategy, Achieving Universal Access in (a) Lesotho, (b) Botswana and (c) Swaziland.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health when he next plans to renew the effectiveness and operation of the 2001 national strategy for sexual health.
Does my right hon. Friend agree that no Member of this House or the other place should seek to prevent, through censorship, the BBC or the Independent newspaper from questioning the involvement of Lord Ashcroft in alleged corruption scandals in the Turks and Caicos islands? [Interruption.]
More of David Borrow’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for South Ribble
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Health Services
- Schools (South Ribble)
- Workers' Rights (South Ribble)
- Cadet Corps (Rifles)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Dr Kim Howells, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- PPS (Dr Kim Howells, Minister of State), Department for Transport (13 May 2004 to 2 Nov 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Borrow’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Results UK
Address of donor: 25 Clemens St, Leamington Spa, CV31 2DP
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,199.69
Destination of visit: India
Purpose of visit: to learn how India is addressing major health challenges such as TB
and to evaluate the impact of the UK Government
's support to India.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from