To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, for which spending announcements made by him or his Ministers since 1 September 2014 the relevant business case has not been made public; and for what reason each such case has not been published.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what research reports his Department has commissioned from external bodies between September 2010 and December 2014 has not been published; when each such report was commissioned; what the nature of the research commissioned for each such report was; from whom each such research report was commissioned; what the value of each...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Written Statement of 20 March 2014, HCWS438, on what date each of the reports listed was received by his Department; on what date the last payment was made to each research organisation commissioned to produce each of those reports; and for what reason each of those reports had not previously been published.
More of Clive Betts’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Sheffield South East
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Sheffield, Attercliffe
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Buildings
- Local Government Finance
- Social Rented Housing
- Housing: Older People
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (21 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Communities and Local Government Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (12 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 10 Jun 2010)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (15 Oct 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (28 Jul 1998 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (8 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Member, Committee of Selection (7 May 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jan 1996 to 1 Jan 1997)
- Member, Treasury Committee (27 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1996)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1996)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 513 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys. All fees are paid direct to my constituency
March 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
April 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
May 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
June 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
October 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
November 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
December 2014, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
9 February 2015, received £100. Hours 30 mins. (Registered 26 March 2015)
24 February 2015, received £75. Hours 30 mins (Registered 26 March 2015)
Payments from Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY for opinion surveys. All fees are paid direct to my constituency party:
January 2015, received £200. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 26 January 2015)
8. Land and Property
One residential property in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from