How Paul Beresford voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Paul Beresford votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Paul Beresford hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Mental Health Act 1983 (Amendment) – Paul Beresford.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health pursuant to the answer of 2 September 2014, Official Report, on the General Dental Council, if (a) his Department and (b) the Professional Standards Authority For Health and Social Care will publish its review of the business case for the increase in years charged by the General Dental Council; and if similar reviews will be published of the Care...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what discussions his Department has had with the General Dental Council on its proposal to increase the annual retention fee by 64 per cent; and what his Department's response is to that proposal. [R]
More of Paul Beresford's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Dental Services
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Standards Committee
- Member, Privileges Committee
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 155 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Beresford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 376 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ:
Fees paid to Beresford Dental Practice for 2012-13, giving net profits of £14,151. I made no drawings from the company during the year. Hours: 400 hrs approx. (Registered 10 October 2013; updated 3 February 2014)
Costs of £625 for attending the FMC dental conference on 7 & 8 June 2013 were met by
FMC, Hertford House, Farm Close, Shenley, Herts WD7 9AB, in lieu of payment as
conference MC in November 2013. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 25 June 2013)
Retained as consultant on Professional Indemnity for Lockton Insurance, The St Botolph Bldg, 138 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7AG. Remuneration of £1,000 a month for between 6 and 24 hours each month.
28 May 2013, payment of £3,000 for January, February and March 2013. Hours: 24 hrs in total. (Registered 25 June 2013)
January 2014, payment of £6,000 for the six months from April to September 2013. Hours: 48 hrs approx. (Registered 3 February 2014)
March 2014, payment of £4,000 for the four months from October 2013 to January 2014. Hours: 54 hrs approx. (Registered 9 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
Private accommodation and surgery, London.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from