Mental Health Act 1983 (Amendment) Bill - Second reading – Paul Beresford.
I beg to move, That leave be given to bring in a Bill to amend section 136 of the Mental Health Act 1983; and for connected purposes. Thank you for clearing my line of vision through to you, Mr Speaker. As you are well aware, the useful advantage of the ten-minute rule Bill mechanism is that it can, if a Member so wishes, be used to introduce small changes that cannot easily be fitted into...
More of Paul Beresford's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Dental Services
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Standards Committee
- Member, Privileges Committee
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Beresford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 377 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ:
Fees paid to Beresford Dental Practice for 2012-13, giving net profits of £14,151. I made no drawings from the company during the year. Hours: 400 hrs approx. (Registered 10 October 2013; updated 3 February 2014)
Costs of £700 to attend the FMC
dental conference on 13 and 14 June 2014 were met by FMC, Hertford House, Farm Close, Shenley, Herts WD7 9AB, in lieu of payment for advice and editorial advice. Hours: 12 hrs
. (Registered 24 June 2014)
Retained as consultant on Professional Indemnity for Lockton Insurance, The St Botolph Bldg, 138 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7AG. Remuneration of £1,000 a month for between 6 and 24 hours each month.
January 2014, payment of £6,000 for the six months from April to September 2013. Hours: 48 hrs approx. (Registered 3 February 2014)
March 2014, payment of £4,000 for the four months from October 2013 to January 2014. Hours: 54 hrs approx. (Registered 9 April 2014)
June 2014, payment of £4,000 for the four months from February 2014 to May 2014. Hours: 54 hrs approx. (Registered 24 June 2014)
8. Land and Property
Private accommodation and surgery, London.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from