Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford never rebelled against their party in this parliament
As a co-signatory of the motion, I want to be succinct in adding to the points that have already been made. I am afraid—or perhaps fortunately—I do not have a colourful story such as the last one. As a member of the House of Commons Commission, I certainly respect—as I think you do, too, Mr Speaker—the advice Lawrence has given us. It is unseen and not reported, but it...
May I declare a potential financial interest? Is the Leader of the House able to persuade the Health Secretary to make a statement—even a written statement—on future research and the potential use of the precautionary principle, following recent research that was initially aimed at variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease prions? Sadly, that research indicated the potential for proteins...
I would be grateful if my right hon. Friend agreed to a debate in Government time on the way in which so-called Travellers are thwarting the whole essence of the planning system. I have a number of dreadful cases in my patch, including one where so-called Travellers have submitted applications followed by appeals for 10 years or more. They are building on the site as well as squatting on it....
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Dental Services
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Administration Committee (since 21 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 173 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Beresford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 387 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ:
Fees paid to Beresford Dental Practice for 2013-14, giving net profits of £6,613. I made no drawings from the company during the year. Hours: 300 hrs approx. (updated 26 May 2015) (Registered 16 December 2014)
Retained as consultant on Professional Indemnity for Lockton Insurance, The St Botolph Bldg, 138 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7AG (until 31 March 2015). Remuneration of £1,000 a month for between 6 and 24 hours each month. (Updated 26 May 2015)
December 2014, payment of £5,000 for the five months to end November 2014. Hours: 70 hrs approx. (Registered 16 December 2014)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Julie Beresford, as part-time Secretary/Diary Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from