To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what safeguards for (a) the NHS and (b) other UK public services the Government is seeking to secure within the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how many full-time equivalent jobs with the Civil Service or government agencies there were in Yorkshire in May 2010; and how many such jobs there are now.
I welcome the readiness action plan, which will enable NATO to respond with greater force and greater speed in a dire emergency—provided the 28 member states are able to give political authority for its use quickly. In the bad old days of the cold war, the similar Allied Command Europe mobile force gave the SACEUR—Supreme Allied Commander Europe—pre-authority to use it in a...
More of Hugh Bayley's recent appearances
Labour MP for York Central
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented City of York
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Olympic Games 2012
- Higher Education: York
- Departmental Official Cars
- Departmental Scientists
Currently held offices
- NATO Parliamentary Assembly (President)
Other offices held in the past
- Deputy Speaker (25 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Social Security (4 Jan 1999 to 8 Jun 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Care Bill Committee (8 out of 15)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (7 out of 16)
- Chairman, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (9 out of 17)
- Chairman, Localism Bill Committee (12 out of 24)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (0 out of 14)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (5 out of 12)
- Chairman, Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (2 out of 12)
- Chairman, Damages (Asbestos-Related Conditions) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, Education and Skills Bill Committee (6 out of 20)
- Planning and Energy Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Offender Management Bill Committee (3 out of 7)
- Chairman, Concessionary Bus Travel Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Work and Families Bill Committee (1 out of 3)
- Traffic Management Bill Committee (7 out of 9)
- Gender Recognition Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Dealing in Cultural Objects (Offences) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 182 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 49.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 185 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Hugh Bayley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 673 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
November 2013, received payment of £75 for one survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 15 December 2013)
November 2013, payment of £80 from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, for participating in a survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 15 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London from which rental income is received.
Member of the Board of the Parliamentary Network on the World Bank
(PNoWB) (unpaid). (Registered 23 February 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from