Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party collegues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to consult further with pharmacy representative bodies before bringing forward legislative proposals to decriminalise dispensing errors made by pharmacists.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether the inadvertent mislabelling of medicines will remain an offence following the Government's legislation to decriminalise dispensing errors.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will take steps to exclude pharmacists from sanctions resulting from genuine dispensing errors and medicine labelling errors.
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- NHS: Drugs
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Privileges Committee (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards Committee (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privileges Committee (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Standards Committee (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Health Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevin Barron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 698 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from