How Norman Baker voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Norman Baker votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Norman Baker hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
In the period to which you refer, the longest waiting time for completion of (a) a new application and (b) for a renewal was both 135 days. In the case of the new application, the applicant failed to provide the required supporting documentation with their application. Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) made five separate requests, over the next three months for the documentation to...
More of Norman Baker's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Lewes
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Parliamentary Questions
- Ministerial Travel
- Departmental Travel
- Departments: Internet
- Departmental Rail Travel
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Home Department
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (14 May 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Cabinet Office (5 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 194 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Norman Baker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 998 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Ongoing income from royalties for publication of book entitled ‘The Strange Death of David Kelly
’. Payments from Methuen Publishing Ltd
, now of 35 Hospital Fields Rd, York YO5 4DZ:
Received £230.02 on 31 March 2012. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 23 August 2013)
Received £214.79 on 31 March 2013. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 23 August 2013)
Received £833.16 on 15 November 2013. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 25 November 2013)
Received £263.74 on 19 March 2014. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 19 March 2014)
I advanced a sum of money to help finance the release of an album by The Reform Club
, a band of which I am a member. (Registered 23 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from