Thank you for calling me, Mr Rosindell. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Brentford and Isleworth (Mary Macleod) for the opportunity to debate this important topic. Members have referred to the review of domestic abuse by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary commissioned by the Home Secretary, which has brought the matter into sharp relief and raised serious questions for the...
I will come on to training, but the issue is too serious to digress into—dare I say it—a normal debate about resources for the police. The reality, to deal with that quickly, is that we have seen a reduction in crime of around 10% since 2010, which means that fewer crimes are being committed and the police have more time to investigate those that have been committed, even with...
It is a question of both, because if people are not taking domestic abuse seriously, they are not interested in tracking repeat matters, which was the point made by my hon. Friend the Member for Braintree (Mr Newmark).
More of Norman Baker's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Lewes
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Parliamentary Questions
- Ministerial Travel
- Departmental Travel
- Departments: Internet
- Departmental Rail Travel
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (14 May 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Cabinet Office (5 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 195 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Norman Baker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 979 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Ongoing income from royalties for publication of book entitled ‘The Strange Death of David Kelly
’. Payments from Methuen Publishing Ltd
, now of 35 Hospital Fields Rd, York YO5 4DZ:
Received £230.02 on 31 March 2012. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 23 August 2013)
Received £214.79 on 31 March 2013. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 23 August 2013)
Received £833.16 on 15 November 2013. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 25 November 2013)
Received £263.74 on 19 March 2014. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 19 March 2014)
I advanced a sum of money to help finance the release of an album by The Reform Club
, a band of which I am a member. (Registered 23 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.