How Norman Baker voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when Norman Baker speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Norman Baker hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Women’s Refuges (Provision and Eligibility) Bill - Second reading – Norman Baker.
Does the hon. Lady not accept that the inquiry could have begun and taken evidence while troops were still committed but not published until after the troops had come home?
I thank the Backbench Business Committee for facilitating this debate in my name and those of my right hon. Friend the Member for Haltemprice and Howden (Mr Davis) and my hon. Friend the Member for Leeds North West (Greg Mulholland), who for personal reasons is not here today. I regret that we are debating the non-publication of the report rather than the report itself—a report that,...
More of Norman Baker's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Lewes
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Parliamentary Questions
- Ministerial Travel
- Departmental Travel
- Departments: Internet
- Departmental Rail Travel
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Home Department (7 Oct 2013 to 4 Nov 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (14 May 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Cabinet Office (5 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 199 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Norman Baker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1022 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Ongoing income from royalties for publication of book entitled ‘The Strange Death of David Kelly
’. Payments from Methuen Publishing Ltd
, now of 35 Hospital Fields Rd, York YO5 4DZ:
Received £263.74 on 19 March 2014. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 19 March 2014)
Received £600 from ITV, Talent Payments Department, Trafford Wharf Road, Trafford M17 1FZ, for an appearance on
the BBC’s ‘University Challenge’. Hours: 1 hr excluding travel. (Registered 6 January 2015)
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,500
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 22 December 2014)
I advanced a sum of money to help finance the release of an album by The Reform Club
, a band of which I am a member. (Registered 23 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from