To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (1) on how many occasions a sub-post office temporarily closed has been reclassified as a permanent closure since the first quarter of 2008; (2) in what circumstances a post office classified as temporarily closed is reclassified as a permanent closure; (3) how many sub-post offices which have temporarily closed...
Order. Before the hon. Member for Harrogate and Knaresborough replies to that intervention, may I say that, now that he has made his position clear, we do not want a debate on climate change at this stage? We have a lot of new clauses to get through in a rather short time. I know that it is tempting to comment on the subject, but I would be grateful if the Committee were to stick more closely...
Order. I have to tell the hon. Gentleman that the debate is straying far from the subject. I ask him to return to the new clause; otherwise, I shall have to be a little firmer with him.
More of Peter Atkinson's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Hexham
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Information Packs
- London Underground
- Departmental Budget
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (22 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Catering Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Court of Referees Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 9 Nov 2004)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (7 out of 12)
- Chairman, Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (2 out of 12)
- Chairman, Business Rate Supplements Bill Committee (5 out of 7)
- Chairman, Finance Bill Committee (12 out of 18)
- Chairman, Planning and Energy Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Political Parties and Elections Bill Committee (2 out of 11)
- Chairman, Special Educational Needs (Information) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Channel Tunnel Rail Link (Supplementary Provisions) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Climate Change Bill Committee (5 out of 10)
- Chairman, Offender Management Bill Committee (4 out of 7)
- Chairman, Further Education and Training Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Chairman, Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Natural Environment and Rural Communities Bill Committee (7 out of 9)
- Commons Bill Committee (0 out of 4)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (1 out of 3)
- Chairman, Compensation Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Inquiries Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Education Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Employment Relations Bill Committee (4 out of 9)
- Age-Related Payments Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- School Transport Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Child Trust Funds Bill Committee (4 out of 7)
- Pensions Bill Committee (3 out of 22)
- Patents Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- National Insurance Contributions and Statutory Payments Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Finance Bill Committee (19 out of 21)
- Mental Capacity Bill Committee (1 out of 12)
- Chairman, Retirement Income Reform Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Communications Bill Committee (12 out of 25)
- Chairman, Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Bill Committee (10 out of 23)
- Chairman, State Pension Credit Bill Committee (3 out of 8)
- Football (Disorder) (Amendment) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- NHS Reform and Health Care Professions Bill Committee (11 out of 12)
- Social Security Fraud Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Criminal Defence Service (Advice and Assistance) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 273 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.