To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what recent assessment his Department has made of the progress made by local government in (a) Coventry, (b) the West Midlands and (c) England to sign up to the principles of the Crisis Care Concordat.
I commissioned this report only after the Department was very heavily criticised in the courts for having failed properly to investigate the allegations that were being made. I believed then, as I believe now, that the main reason for that failure was not a lack of will on our part, but a refusal to co-operate with an inquiry by the representatives of the Iraqis, public interest lawyers and...
Does my right hon. Friend agree that it is rather difficult for people like him, me and the Secretary of State, who do not need to maintain a level of fitness in order to earn our income, to understand the very real fear among firefighters? This issue has not been put up by the Fire Brigades Union; firefighters really do fear that they are not going to be able to cope with the inevitable...
More of Bob Ainsworth’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Coventry North East
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Drugs: Misuse
- Social Security Benefits: Appeals
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Drugs: Rehabilitation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 20 May 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (6 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 12 Jul 2007)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Committee of Selection (18 Jun 2003 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (18 Jun 2003 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip and Treasurer of HM Household (13 Jun 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (25 Jan 2001 to 7 Jun 2001)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (8 May 1997 to 24 Jan 2001)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Environment Committee (13 Dec 1993 to 13 Jun 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 36 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 669 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from