House of Lords debates
Monday, 25 February 2013
- Media and Creative Industries: Equality — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to ensure cultural diversity and promotion of equality in the media and creative industries.
- Republic of Ireland: Aids to Navigation — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made in discontinuing their funding for the Republic of Ireland's aids to navigation.
- Energy: Prices — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what discussions they have had with energy providers about recent increases in prices.
- Health: Midwives — Question (13 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of the continuing increase in births, what is their response to the recent report by the Royal College of Midwives, which states that there is a...
- Partnerships (Prosecution) (Scotland) Bill [HL] — Report (0 speeches)
- Defamation Bill — Third Reading (3 speeches)
Clause 2: Arbitration service for defamation and related civil claims against members of Independent Regulatory Board Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Fowler 1: Clause 2, page 2, leave out lines 11 and 12
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill — Committee (1st Day) (33 speeches)
Relevant document: 14th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee. Clause 1 : Up-rating of certain social security benefits for tax years 2014-15 and 2015-16 Amendment 1 Moved by Baroness...
- Economy: Credit Rating — Statement (14 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Chancellor of the Exchequer. "Mr Speaker, this decision is a stark...
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (51 speeches, 1 annotation)
Amendment 2 Moved by Lord McKenzie of Luton 2: Clause 1, page 1, line 5, at end insert- "(1A) In the case of employment and support allowance receivable by claimants of the support component of...
- Health: Anorexia — Question for Short Debate (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to reduce the prevalence of anorexia and other eating disorders.
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (16 speeches)
Amendment 8 Moved by Lord Alton of Liverpool 8: After Clause 1, insert the following new Clause- "Motability Operations leaseholders (1) A person who is- (a) a recipient of a sum or sums...