House of Lords debates
Thursday, 14 February 2013
- Crime: Domestic Violence — Question (18 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to support the campaign One Billion Rising, which aims to draw attention to the level of domestic violence worldwide.
- Schools: Academies — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made with the academy school programme.
- NHS: Healthcare UK — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how they will ensure that the National Health Service benefits from the establishment of Healthcare UK to market the NHS brand abroad.
- Media: Press Regulation — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to establish by royal charter a body to assure effective regulation of the press.
- Horsemeat — Statement (19 speeches)
My Lords, the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is providing the House with regular reports on the adulteration of processed beef products with horsemeat. As the House...
- Deputy Chairmen of Committees — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That Lord Bates be appointed to the panel of members to act as Deputy Chairmen of Committees for this Session. Motion agreed.
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill — Order of Consideration Motion (1 speech)
- Scotland Act 2012 (Consequential Provisions) Order 2013 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Wallace of Tankerness That the draft order laid before the House on 10 January be approved. Relevant document: 16th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments,...
- Succession to the Crown Bill — Second Reading (59 speeches)
Moved By Lord Wallace of Tankerness That the Bill be read a second time.