House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
- Retail: Business Rates — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether, in the light of trading conditions in 2012-13, particularly for independent retailers, they will modify the automatic increases in business rates.
- First World War: Commemoration — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made with their plans to commemorate the centenary of the First World War.
- Food: Waste — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to encourage a reduction in domestic food waste.
- Banking: LIBOR and EURIBOR — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to review the working of the Financial Services Authority's executive settlement procedures in the light of discounts applied to fines levied...
- Hertfordshire County Council (Filming on Highways) Bill [HL] — Second Reading (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That the Bill be read a second time. Bill read a second time.
- Crime (International Co-operation) Act 2003 (Designation of Participating Countries) (England, Wales andNorthern Ireland) Order 2013 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Stowell of Beeston That the draft order laid before the House on 8 January be approved. Relevant document: 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments,...
- Scrap Metal Dealers Bill — Third Reading (0 speeches)
- Public Service Pensions Bill — Report (15 speeches)
Relevant documents: 10th and 13th Reports from the Delegated Powers Committee. Schedule 1 : Persons in public service: definitions Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Eatwell 1: Schedule 1, page 23, line...
- Police Integrity — Statement (23 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House I will repeat a Statement made earlier in another place by my right honourable friend the Home Secretary about our work to ensure the highest standards of...
- Public Service Pensions Bill — Report (Continued) (37 speeches)
Clause 5 : Pension board Amendment 9 Moved by Lord Newby 9: Clause 5, page 3, line 4, at end insert "(or each scheme manager)"
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, because the Question for Short Debate of the noble Lord, Lord Desai, will now be taken as last business, the time limit for the debate becomes 90 minutes rather than 60 minutes....
- Crime: Women's Safety — Question for Short Debate (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of the publication on 10 January by the Ministry of Justice, the Home Office and the Office for National Statistics of An Overview of Sexual...
- European Union (Approvals) Bill [HL] — Returned from the Commons (0 speeches)
The Bill was returned from the Commons agreed to. House adjourned at 8.26 pm.