House of Lords debates
Monday, 11 February 2013
- NHS: Private Companies — Question (24 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have plans to exempt private companies providing services to the NHS from corporation tax.
- EU: Membership — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government which European Union member states have indicated that they are willing to consider a request from the United Kingdom to develop a different relationship with the...
- Libraries: Closures — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to limit the ongoing closure of public libraries across the country.
- EU: UK Membership — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many jobs they think would be created by the United Kingdom leaving the European Union.
- Mental Health (Discrimination) (No. 2) Bill (0 speeches)
Mental Health (Discrimination) (No. 2) Bill
- National Health Service (Clinical Commissioning Groups-Disapplication of Responsibility) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Earl Howe That the draft regulations laid before the House on 5 December 2012 be approved. Relevant documents: 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered...
- Companies Act 2006 (Amendment ofPart 25) Regulations 2013 (0 speeches)
- Parental Leave (EU Directive) Regulations 2013 (0 speeches)
- Enterprise Act 2002 (Part 8 Domestic Infringements) Order 2013 — Motions to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Popat That the draft regulations and order laid before the House on 18 and 19 December 2012 and 10 January be approved. Relevant documents 15th and 16th reports from the Joint...
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Order of Consideration Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By Viscount Younger of Leckie That the amendments for the Report stage be marshalled and considered in the following order: Clauses 1 to 7, Schedule 1, Clause 8, Schedule 2, Clauses 9 to...
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill (0 speeches)
Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill
- Second Reading (11 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Stowell of Beeston That the Bill be read a second time.
- European Council — Statement (26 speeches)
- Social Care Funding — Statement (22 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House I shall now repeat a Statement made earlier today in another place by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Health, on the funding of care...
- Horsemeat and Food Fraud — Statement (37 speeches)
My Lords, with your Lordships' permission, I will repeat a Statement made today by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs in another place. The...
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill — Second Reading (Continued) (28 speeches, 1 annotation)
My Lords, I was never a good enough cricketer to have played all-day cricket before I was 20 but, thereafter, I played it for another 40 years, and I can still recall vividly how being the first...