House of Lords debates
Thursday, 31 January 2013
- Royal Assent (0 speeches)
The following Acts were given Royal Assent: Trusts (Capital and Income) Act, Statute Law (Repeals) Act, Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act, Disabled Persons' Parking Badges Act, European...
- Crime: Wildlife Crime — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made in tackling wildlife crime.
- Railways: Fares — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have conducted any comparison of the level of railway fares in the United Kingdom compared with those in countries elsewhere in Europe.
- Waste Management: Refuse Collections — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of the £250 million fund set up to help local councils in England maintain or restore weekly bin collections.
- Children: Childcare Costs — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have any plans to assist full-time working parents by granting tax relief on childcare costs.
- Syria — Private Notice Question (16 speeches)
Tabled by Baroness Falkner of Margravine To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the potential escalation of regional conflict in the Middle East in the light of...
- Business of the House — Motion on Standing Orders (14 speeches)
Moved by Lord Hill of Oareford That Standing Order 40(5) (Arrangement of the order paper) be suspended from Thursday 7 February until the end of the session.
- Business of the House — Motion on Standing Orders (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Hill of Oareford That Standing Order 46 (No two stages of a Bill to be taken on one day) be dispensed with to allow the HGV Road User Levy Bill to be taken through all its remaining...
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (7 speeches)
Moved by Lord Hill of Oareford That the debate on the motion in the name of Baroness Noakes set down for today shall be limited to three hours and that in the name of Lord MacGregor of Pulham...
- EU: Prime Minister's Speech — Motion to Take Note (44 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Noakes That this House takes note of the Prime Minister's speech on Europe on 23 January.
- Visas: Student Visa Policy — Motion to Take Note (51 speeches)
Moved by Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market That this House takes note of the impact of student visa policy on admissions to universities in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
- South London Healthcare NHS Trust — Statement (20 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place earlier today by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Health on the subject of South...
- Economy: North-East England — Question for Short Debate (8 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of industry and recent economic developments in the north-east of England.