House of Lords debates
Thursday, 24 January 2013
- Education: English Baccalaureate Certificate — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will consider deferring the timetable for the proposed introduction of the English Baccalaureate Certificate in schools in the light of concerns...
- Welfare: Personal Independence Payment — Question (13 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the effect of the proposed introduction of the Personal Independence Payment on the mobility of sick and disabled people; and of...
- Asylum Seekers: Support — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what was the basis for their decision not to increase provision for asylum support under Sections 4 and 95 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 in 2012; and when...
- Egypt: Elections — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to ensure that international observers are invited to monitor the forthcoming election in Egypt.
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (1 speech)
Tabled By Lord Hill of Oareford That the debates in the names of the noble Lords Lord Mawson and Lord Ramsbotham, set down for today shall each be limited to two and a half hours.
- Olympic Games 2012: Legacy — Motion to Take Note (18 speeches)
Moved By Lord Mawson To move that this House takes note of the role of communities, the arts and creative industries in delivering a lasting legacy to the Olympics, and of the lessons that can be...
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, the next debate is another timed debate. I invite Back-Benchers to keep their contributions within the 10 minutes allocated to ensure that the noble Lord, Lord Ramsbotham, has a few...
- Nuclear Disarmament — Motion to Take Note (18 speeches)
Moved By Lord Ramsbotham To move that this House takes note of the prospects for multilateral nuclear disarmament, and the contribution which Britain could make.
- European Banking Union: EUC Report (0 speeches)
European Banking Union: Key issues and challenges
- Motion to Take Note (26 speeches)
Moved By Lord Harrison That this House takes note of the Report of the European Union Committee on the European Banking Union: Key issues and challenges (7th Report, HL Paper 88).
- Green Deal Framework (Disclosure, Acknowledgment, Redress etc.) (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (0 speeches)
Green Deal Framework (Disclosure, Acknowledgment, Redress etc.) (Amendment) Regulations 2013 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments
- Motion to Approve (5 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Verma That the draft Regulations laid before the House on 10 December 2012 be approved. Relevant document: 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments