House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 22 January 2013
- Sudan — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what further representations they have made to the Government of Sudan regarding bombardment of civilians and denial of access to humanitarian aid.
- Children: Suicide and Self-harm — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking in the light of the ChildLine report, Saying the Unsayable: What's Affecting Children in 2012, which highlighted a significant increase...
- Bank of England — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they agree with Mark Carney, the new Governor of the Bank of England, that the Bank's target should be changed from inflation to nominal gross domestic product.
- Helicopter Flights: Central London — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will review the extent of helicopter flights over central London.
- Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was brought from the Commons, read a first time and ordered to be printed.
- Partnerships (Prosecution) (Scotland) Bill [HL] — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That, as proposed by the Committee of Selection, the following Lords be appointed to the Special Public Bill Committee on the Partnerships (Prosecution)...
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, my noble friend Lord Astor is shortly to repeat a UQ from another place under our new procedure, which was approved by the House. It is only the second day on which it has occurred; it...
- Armed Forces: Redundancies — Statement (18 speeches)
My Lords, first, I am sure that the whole House will wish to join me in paying tribute to Kingsman David Robert Shaw of 1st Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, who died in the Queen...
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill (0 speeches)
11th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee
- Committee (1st Day) (122 speeches)
Relevant documents: 11th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee, 10th Report from the Constitution Committee. Motion Moved by Baroness Hanham That the House do now resolve itself into Committee.
- Freedom of Religion and Conscience — Question for Short Debate (13 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their strategy for promoting freedom of religion and conscience internationally as a fundamental human right and as a source of stability for all countries.
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (27 speeches)
Amendment 19 Moved by Lord McKenzie of Luton 19: Clause 1, page 2, line 32, at end insert- "(5A) Any performance standards that apply to local planning authorities in the consideration of...