House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
- Participation of Arabs in Public Life — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of the recent census results in which 240,000 respondents described themselves as "Arab", what plans they have to promote the wider participation of...
- Taxation: Tax Havens — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what further discussions they have had with European Union member states and other countries about the issue of tax havens.
- Homosexuality in Nigeria and Uganda — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to the governments of Uganda and Nigeria about legislation regarding the treatment of homosexuals in those countries.
- Bahrain — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the decision by the highest court in Bahrain on 7 January to uphold life sentences imposed on eight opposition figures and human...
- Parliamentary Privilege — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That the Commons message of 4 December be considered and that a Committee of six Lords be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Commons to...
- Select Committees — Membership Motion (2 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That Lord Hill of Oareford be appointed a member of the following Committees, in the place of Lord Strathclyde: House, Liaison, Privileges and Conduct,...
- Public Bodies (Water Supply and Water Quality Fees) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord De Mauley That the draft order laid before the House on 22 October 2012 be approved. Relevant documents: 13th Report from the Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee, 9th Report...
- Transforming Rehabilitation — Statement (26 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice. "This Government...
- Procedure of the House — Motion to Agree (45 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That the 3rd Report from the Select Committee (HL Paper 81) be agreed to.
- Public Service Pensions Bill (0 speeches)
Public Service Pensions Bil 10th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee
- Committee (1st Day) (25 speeches)
Relevant documents: 10th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee Clause 1 : Schemes for persons in public service Amendment 1 Moved by
- Rape in Armed Conflict — Question for Short Debate (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their strategy for ensuring that United Kingdom government-funded medical care for women and girls impregnated by rape in armed conflict is...
- Public Service Pensions Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (15 speeches)
Amendment 31 had been retabled as Amendment 28A. Clause 3, as amended, agreed. Amendment 32 Moved by Lord Whitty 32: After Clause 3, insert the following new Clause- "Local Government Schemes:...