House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
- Death of a Member: Lord Rees-Mogg — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the death of the noble Lord, Lord Rees-Mogg, on 29 December. On behalf of the House, I extend our condolences to the noble Lord's family and friends.
- Leader of the House (8 speeches)
My Lords, in leading the tributes to the noble Lord, Lord Strathclyde, I am able to be the first to welcome formally as his successor the noble Lord, Lord Hill of Oareford. The noble Lord, Lord...
- Airports: Capacity — Question (22 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what was the average percentage of total capacity used at London's commercial airports over the past six months.
- Housing: New Homes — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to build more homes in the south-east of England.
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (Amendment of Schedule 1) Order 2012 — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have in respect of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (Amendment of Schedule 1) Order 2012, which the House of Lords...
- Economy: Effect of US "Fiscal Cliff" Solution — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the effect of the "fiscal cliff" solution in the United States on the United Kingdom economy.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, before my noble friends Lord Taylor of Holbeach and Lord Howe repeat the Answers to the Urgent Questions asked earlier in the House of Commons, perhaps I may remind the House that we...
- Ibrahim Magag: Disappearance — Private Notice Question (23 speeches)
My Lords, I will now repeat the Answer to an Urgent Question asked in the other place earlier today. The Answer, given by my right honourable friend the Home Secretary, is as follows: "On 26...
- NHS: South London Healthcare Trust — Private Notice Question (11 speeches)
My Lords, I shall now repeat as a statement the Answer given by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Health in another place earlier today to an Urgent Question on the report of...
- Public Service Pensions Bill — Order of Consideration Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By Earl Attlee That it be an instruction to the Committee of the Whole House to which the Public Service Pensions Bill has been committed that they consider the Bill in the following order:...
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill — Second Reading (34 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Hanham That the Bill be read a second time.
- Armed Forces: Future Size — Question for Short Debate (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of recent international developments particularly in the Middle East, whether they will review their plans for the future size, configuration and...
- Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] — Returned from the Commons (0 speeches)
The Bill was returned from the Commons agreed to.
- Statute Law (Repeals) Bill [HL] — Returned from the Commons (0 speeches)
The Bill was returned from the Commons agreed to. House adjourned at 10.09 pm.