House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- Badgers — Question (18 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what further plans they have to cull badgers.
- Georgia — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the current political situation in Georgia.
- Taxation: Avoidance — Question (19 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to prevent companies that have significant operations in the United Kingdom being based in a tax haven to avoid United Kingdom taxes.
- Immigration: Tuberculosis Testing — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will introduce blood tests for latent tuberculosis for immigrants from countries where tuberculosis is common.
- Independent Press Council Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to provide the framework for the appointment and functions of a Press Council to act independently and in the public interest to promote and protect freedom of expression, including...
- Parliamentary Privilege — Membership Motion (15 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That the Commons message of 4 December be considered and that a Committee of six Lords be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Commons to...
- Equal Marriage Consultation — Statement (28 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House I will repeat a Statement given by my right honourable friend the Minister for Women and Equalities in another place earlier today. "With permission, I would...
- Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill (0 speeches)
Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill 8th Report from the Constitution Committee
- Second Reading (13 speeches)
Moved by Lord Taylor of Holbeach That the Bill be read a second time. Relevant documents: 8th Report from the Constitution Committee
- Second Reading (13 speeches)
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, as noble Lords will see from the Order Paper, provision has been made for a short delay between Second Reading and the remaining stages of the Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill. The...
- Northern Ireland: Recent Events — Statement (24 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat the Statement made earlier today in another place by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland on events in...
- Developing Countries: Impact of Multinational Companies' Financial Practices and UK Tax Policies — Question for Short Debate (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of multinational companies' financial practices and the United Kingdom's tax policies on developing countries.
- Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill — Committee (and remaining stages) (1 speech)
My Lords, I thank all those who have been engaged in putting this Bill on the fast track through your Lordships' House and another place. It is not easy to get legislation organised in such a...
- Financial Services Bill — Returned from the Commons (0 speeches)
The Bill was returned from the Commons with the Lords amendments agreed to. House adjourned at 7.43 pm.