House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- BBC: World Service — Question (25 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government by how much the BBC World Service budget has been reduced in the current financial year; and what plans they have for funding the World Service in the future.
- Welsh Government: Tax-varying Powers — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will take steps to enable the Welsh Government to have greater tax-varying and borrowing powers.
- Justice: Legal Advice — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to enable people to receive legal advice for social welfare law problems once they are not able to receive legal aid for that advice after 1...
- UK Border Agency — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their response to the report by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration on the UK Border Agency's handling of legacy asylum and...
- Statutory Instruments — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That Lord Lyell be appointed a member of the Joint Committee in place of Lord Geddes, resigned. Motion agreed, and a message was sent to the Commons.
- Public Service and Demographic Change — Motion to Agree (1 speech)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That, notwithstanding the Resolutions of this House of 21 and 29 May, it be an instruction to the Select Committee that it should report by 27 March 2013.
- Legal Services Act 2007 (The Law Society) (Modification of Functions) (Amendment) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord McNally That the draft order laid before the House on 15 October be approved. Relevant documents: 8th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered in Grand...
- District Electoral Areas Commissioner (Northern Ireland) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Randerson That the draft order laid before the House on 15 October be approved. Relevant documents: 8th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered in...
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Report (1st Day) (65 speeches)
Clause 1 : The National Crime Agency Amendment 1 Moved by Baroness Smith of Basildon 1: Clause 1, page 1, line 5, leave out subsections (1) and (2) and insert- "(1) There shall be a body...
- Small Charitable Donations Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was brought from the Commons, endorsed as a money Bill, and read a first time.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, as the Question for Short Debate proposed by the noble Baroness will now be taken as last business, the time limit for the debate becomes 90 minutes rather than 60 minutes. Speeches...
- Small Pension Funds — Question for Short Debate (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking to ensure access to good advice for people with small pension funds, and to maximise such people's retirement income.