House of Lords debates
Monday, 26 November 2012
- Health: Atos — Question (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what instructions they have given to Atos regarding its employment of outside personnel to carry out medical assessments.
- Education: Vocational Education — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to raise the status and quality of vocational education.
- Apprenticeships — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what funding they will make available to help young people with special educational needs to enter apprenticeships.
- EU: United Kingdom — Question (23 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what discussions they will hold with the Government of Germany regarding the future role of the United Kingdom in the European Union.
- European Union (Approvals) Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to make provision approving for the purposes of section 8 of the European Union Act 2011 certain draft decisions under Article 352 of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union;...
- Child Support Management of Payments and Arrears (Amendment) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Stowell of Beeston That the draft regulations laid before the House on 15 October be approved. Relevant document: 8th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments,...
- Prisons (Interference with Wireless Telegraphy) Bill — Order of Commitment Discharged (1 speech)
Moved by Lord Laming That the order of commitment be discharged.
- Financial Services Bill — Report (4th Day) (47 speeches)
Clause 23: Rules and guidance Amendment 79B not moved. Amendment 80 Moved by Lord Sassoon 80: Clause 23, page 87, line 28, at end insert- "137DA Rules requiring participation in benchmark (1)...
- Bank of England — Statement (7 speeches)
My Lords, I will now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Chancellor of the Exchequer. The Statement is as follows. "Mr Speaker, I would like the House of...
- Financial Services Bill — Report (4th Day) (Continued) (2 speeches)
Clause 24 : Short selling rules Amendments 87 and 88 Moved by Lord Sassoon 87: Clause 24, page 110, line 2, leave out from "Authority"" to end of line 3 and insert "or "Authority's" in each...
- European Council — Statement (31 speeches)
My Lords, this might be a convenient moment to repeat a Statement on the European Council made a few minutes ago in the House of Commons by the Prime Minister. The Statement is as follows: "Last...
- Financial Services Bill — Report (4th Day) (Continued) (30 speeches)
Clause 26 : Powers of regulators in relation to parent undertakings Amendment 90 Moved by Lord Whitty 90: Clause 26, page 114, leave out lines 30 and 31