House of Lords debates
Thursday, 22 November 2012
- Children: Child Protection — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what measures they are taking to ensure that children are protected against physical and sexual abuse.
- Violence Against Women and Girls — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what support they are providing to men seeking to control their violent or abusive behaviour; and how they are supporting organisations and partner support...
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how they plan to help small and medium-sized enterprises to access sources of finance.
- Procedure of the House — Motion to Agree (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That the 2nd Report from the Select Committee (HL Paper 54) be agreed to. Motion agreed.
- Information Committee — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That Baroness Seccombe be appointed a member of the Select Committee in place of Lord Feldman, resigned. Motion agreed.
- Draft Care and Support Bill — Motion to Agree (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That the Commons message of 20 November be considered and that a Committee of six Lords be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Commons to...
- Millennium Development Goals — Motion to Take Note (23 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne That this House takes note of progress towards the successor framework to the Millennium Development Goals.
- Prisoners: Voting Rights — Statement (22 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I will now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice: "Mr Speaker, I...
- China: Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament — Motion to Take Note (15 speeches)
Moved by Lord Browne of Ladyton That this House takes note of the case for intensified discussions on multilateral nuclear disarmament with China.
- Terrorism Act 2000 (Proscribed Organisations) (Amendment) (No. 2) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (4 speeches)
Moved by Lord Taylor of Holbeach That the draft order laid before the House on 19 November be approved. Relevant documents: 11th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, I point out that the timings for the QSD are very tight. Noble Lords are usually exceptionally good at adhering to the allocated time, but I am available to help if necessary. Finally,...
- Religion in the United Kingdom — Question for Short Debate (20 speeches)
Moved by Lord Singh of Wimbledon To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the role of religion in society in the United Kingdom.