House of Lords debates
Monday, 19 November 2012
- Death of a Member: Lord McCarthy — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the death of the noble Lord, Lord McCarthy, on 18 November. On behalf of the House, I express our condolences to the noble Lord's family and friends.
- Schools: Arts — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of their proposals to change the school qualifications system, what plans they have in relation to the teaching of the arts in secondary schools,...
- Employment: Rights — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what are their plans for employment rights to be exchangeable for shares.
- Polio Eradication — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to extend the programme to eradicate polio to ensure an expanded contribution from non-governmental donors.
- Property: Commonhold — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will support the development of commonhold properties by means of the guarantees to be given under the Infrastructure (Financial Assistance) Bill.
- Electoral Registration Data Schemes (No. 2) Order 2012 (0 speeches)
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (Insolvency and Dissolution) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (Consequential Amendments) Order 2012 — Motions to Refer to Grand Committee (8 speeches)
Moved By Lord Wallace of Saltaire That the draft orders and regulations be referred to a Grand Committee.
- Green Deal Framework (Disclosure, Acknowledgment, Redress etc.) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Electricity and Gas (Energy Companies Obligation) Order 2012 — Motions to Refer to Grand Committee (1 speech)
Tabled by Baroness Verma That the draft order and regulations be referred to a Grand Committee.
- Justice and Security Bill [HL] — Report (1st Day) (95 speeches)
Clause 1 : The Intelligence and Security Committee Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Campbell-Savours 1: Clause 1, page 1, line 5, leave out "body" and insert "Select Committee of Parliament to be"
- Church of England Marriage (Amendment) Measure — Motion to Present for Royal Assent (1 speech)
Moved By The Lord Bishop of Bath and Wells That this House do direct that, in accordance with the Church of England Assembly (Powers) Act 1919, the Church of England Marriage (Amendment) Measure...
- Justice and Security Bill [HL] — Report (1st Day) (Continued) (25 speeches)
Clause 2 : Main functions of the ISC Amendment 16 Moved by Baroness Hamwee 16: Clause 2, page 2, line 8, leave out "such"