House of Lords debates
Thursday, 8 November 2012
- Syria — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have received any information regarding the origin of weapons of mass destruction currently claimed by the government of Syria to be held by that country.
- House of Lords: Peers — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have any further plans to reduce the number of peers in the House of Lords.
- Crime: Violence Against Women and Girls — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have considered what role police and crime commissioners may have in combating violence against women and girls.
- Living Wage — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they are making on implementing the living wage.
- Business of the House — Motion on Standing Orders (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That Standing Order 30 (No Lord to speak more than once to a Motion) be dispensed with during the Report stage of the Financial Services Bill so far as is necessary to...
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That the debate on the Motion in the name of Baroness Doocey set down for today shall be limited to three hours and that in the name of Baroness Walmsley to two hours....
- Public Service and Demographic Change Committee — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That Lord Hutton of Furness be appointed a member of the Select Committee in place of Lord Touhig, resigned. Motion agreed.
- Adoption Committee — Motion to Agree (0 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees Further to the resolution of the House of 29 May 2012 appointing a Select Committee to consider the statute law about adoption, and to make recommendations,...
- Draft Care and Support Bill — Motion to Agree (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on the draft Care and Support Bill presented to both Houses on 11...
- Contracting Out (Local Authorities Social Services Functions) (England) (Amendment) Order 2012 (0 speeches)
- Housing Act 1996 (Additional Preference for Armed Forces) (England) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Legal Services Act 2007 (The Law Society) (Modification of Functions) (Amendment) Order 2012 (0 speeches)
- Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- District Electoral Areas Commissioner (Northern Ireland) Order 2012 (0 speeches)
- Child Support Management of Payments and Arrears (Amendment) Regulations 2012 — Motions to Refer to Grand Committee (1 speech)
- Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012 — Motion to Take Note (23 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Doocey That this House takes note of the long-term legacy for the UK from the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Education: Early Years — Motion to Take Note (16 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Walmsley That this House takes note of the importance of early years education.
- Future Reserves 2020 — Statement (21 speeches)
My Lords, I should like to repeat the Statement made in the other place. "With permission, Mr Speaker, I should like to make a Statement on the Government's consultation on Reserve Forces. On the...
- NHS: Death at Home — Question for Short Debate (13 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress is being made to enable more NHS patients to die at home and whether they have plans to strengthen the NHS Constitution in this area.