House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
- Private Military and Security Companies — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the effect of their use of private military and security companies upon the United Kingdom's reputation, and its diplomatic and...
- Russian Federation: Council of Europe — Question (19 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the report of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe The Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by the Russian Federation.
- Homelessness: Rough Sleepers in London — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proposals they have to reduce the number of people sleeping on the streets of London.
- Child Benefit — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they have plans further to restrict child benefit.
- Draft Enhanced Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Bill — Motion to Agree (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That, notwithstanding the Resolution of this House of 28 May, it be an instruction to the Joint Committee on the draft Enhanced Terrorism Prevention and Investigation...
- Business of the House — Motion on Standing Orders (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That Standing Order 46 (No two stages of a Bill to be taken on one day) be dispensed with on Wednesday 31 October to allow any Mental Health (Approval Functions) Bill...
- Benefit Cap (Housing Benefit) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Stowell of Beeston That the draft Benefit Cap (Housing Benefit) Regulations 2012 be referred to a Grand Committee. Motion agreed.
- Forestry Commissioners (Climate Change Functions) (Scotland) Order 2012 (Consequential Modifications) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Wallace of Tankerness That the draft Forestry Commissioners (Climate Change Functions) (Scotland) Order 2012 (Consequential Modifications) Order 2012 laid before the House on 10...
- Winterbourne View — Statement (32 speeches)
My Lords, I shall now repeat as a Statement an Answer given earlier today by my honourable friend the Minister for Care Services in another place on the safeguarding of former Winterbourne View...
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Crime and Courts Bill [HL] Committee 2nd Report from the Constitution Committee 2nd Report from the Delegated Powers Committee
- Committee (7th Day) (53 speeches)
Relevant documents: 2nd Report from the Delegated Powers Committee, 2nd Report from the Constitution Committee. Amendment 155ZA Moved by Lord McNally 155ZA: Before Clause 23, insert the...
- Mental Health (Approval Functions) Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was brought from the Commons, read a first time and ordered to be printed.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, because the Question for Short Debate, tabled by the noble Lord, Lord McConnell, will now be taken as last business, the time limit for the debate becomes 90 minutes, rather than 60....
- Building Stability Overseas Strategy — Question for Short Debate (9 speeches)
Tabled by Lord McConnell of Glenscorrodale To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will review the implementation and impact of the Building Stability Overseas Strategy.