House of Lords debates
Monday, 22 October 2012
- Education: English Baccalaureate — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they propose that all young people will be able to study for the new English baccalaureate certificate.
- Broadband: Street Cabinets — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have so far received about their plan to allow broadband street cabinets to be installed without the prior approval of local planning...
- Financial Regulators: Examinations — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they are considering introducing qualifying examinations for individuals working for financial regulators.
- EU: UK Membership — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have for making the case for the United Kingdom's membership of the European Union.
- Voting Age (Comprehensive Reduction) Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to extend the franchise for parliamentary and other elections and for referendums to all citizens over the age of 16 years. The Bill was introduced by Lord Tyler, read a first time and...
- Prisons (Interference with Wireless Telegraphy) Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was brought from the Commons, read a first time and ordered to be printed.
- Electoral Registration and Administration Bill — Order of Consideration Motion (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Wallace of Saltaire That it be an instruction to a Committee of the Whole House to which the Electoral Registration and Administration Bill has been committed that it considers the...
- Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Hanham That the draft Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2012 be referred to a Grand...
- Local Government Finance Bill (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page
- Third Reading (56 speeches)
My Lords, I have it in command from Her Majesty the Queen to acquaint the House that Her Majesty, having been informed of the purport of the Local Government Finance Bill, has consented to place...
- European Council — Statement (23 speeches)
My Lords, taking advantage of this spirit of good will and excellent relations across the Dispatch Box, perhaps now would be an appropriate time to repeat a Statement that was made earlier on...
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, the next business is not time limited. As noble Lords are aware, the Companion guidance on debates such as this states that the mover of the debate-in this case my noble friend Lord...
- EAC Report: Development Aid (0 speeches)
The Economic Impact and Effectiveness of Development Aid
- Motion to Take Note (25 speeches)
Moved by Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market That this House takes note of the report of the Economic Affairs Committee, The Economic Impact and Effectiveness of Development Aid (6th Report, Session...