House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
- Unemployment: Older Women — Question (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to address unemployment among older women.
- Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012: Trade and Investment — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what trade and investment successes were achieved as a result of contacts with representatives of Governments attending the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Riots, Communities and Victims Panel — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to take forward the recommendations of the Riots, Communities and Victims Panel on building character and personal resilience.
- Energy: Costs — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of the announcement of price rises by British Gas, what action they will take to protect consumers from rising energy costs.
- Business (6 speeches)
My Lords, I rise to intervene on two separate points rather than make two separate interventions. The first is on the conduct of Members of your Lordships' House and the second is on the Local...
- Infrastructure (Financial Assistance) Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was brought from the Commons, endorsed as a money Bill, and read a first time.
- Welfare of Wild Animals in Travelling Circuses (England) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord De Mauley That the draft Welfare of Wild Animals in Travelling Circuses (England) Regulations 2012 be referred to a Grand Committee. Motion agreed.
- Extradition — Statement (25 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall repeat a Statement made earlier today by my right honourable friend the Home Secretary. The Statement is as follows: "With permission, Mr Speaker, I...
- Local Government Finance Bill (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page
- Report (2nd Day) (44 speeches)
Relevant documents: 4th and 7th Reports from the Delegated Powers Committee. Schedule 1 : Local retention of non-domestic rates Amendment 71 not moved. Amendment 72 Moved by Baroness Hanham 72:...
- National Health Service (Clinical Commissioning Groups) Regulations 2012 — Motion of Regret (22 speeches)
Moved by Lord Hunt of Kings Heath That this House deplores the fact that the National Health Service (Clinical Commissioning Groups) Regulations 2012 (SI 2012/1631) involve the exclusion from...
- Local Government Finance Bill — Report (2nd Day) (Continued) (44 speeches)
Schedule 4 : Amendments relating to council tax reduction schemes Amendment 103A not moved. Amendment 104 Moved by Lord Jenkin of Roding 104: Schedule 4, page 59, line 43, at end insert- "(8A)...