House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
- NHS: Evidence-based Medicine — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will ensure that treatment provided by the National Health Service is founded on evidence-based medicine.
- Death Penalty: Global Abolition — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made with their Strategy for Abolition of the Death Penalty 2010-2015.
- Energy: Hydropower — Question (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their estimate of the cost per kilowatt-hour (before subsidy) of generating electricity by hydropower; and how many sites within the United Kingdom have...
- BAE Systems and EADS — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their policy on the proposed merger between BAE Systems and EADS.
- Railways: Franchises — Private Notice Question (18 speeches, 1 annotation)
Tabled By Baroness Royall of Blaisdon To ask Her Majesty's Government, in the light of the reply by Earl Attlee yesterday, whether they will clarify how they intend to review the mistakes made in...
- Scotland: Referendum — Private Notice Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether, before the Prime Minister meets the First Minister of Scotland on Monday 15 October, they will clarify whether it is proposed to extend the franchise in...
- Statute Law (Repeals) Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to promote the reform of the statute law by the repeal in accordance with recommendations of the Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission of certain enactments, which, except in so...
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That Lord Evans of Watford be appointed a member of the Select Committee in place of Lord Mitchell, resigned Motion agreed.
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Sanctions) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Late Night Levy (Application and Administration) Regulations 2012 — Motions to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Stowell of Beeston That the draft regulations laid before the House on 4 and 9 July be approved. Relevant documents: 6th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory...
- Official Secrets Act 1989 (Prescription) (Amendment) Order 2012 — Motion to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord McNally That the draft Official Secrets Act 1989 (Prescription) (Amendment) Order 2012 be referred to a Grand Committee. Motion agreed.
- Local Government Finance Bill (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page
- Report (1st Day) (66 speeches)
Relevant documents: 4th and 7th Reports from the Delegated Powers Committee. Clause 1 : Local retention of non-domestic rates Amendment 1 Moved by Baroness Hanham 1: Clause 1, page 2, line 4, at...
- Education: Conservatoires — Question for Short Debate (19 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will meet the funding needs of the United Kingdom's conservatoires.
- Local Government Finance Bill — Report (1st Day) (Continued) (39 speeches)
Amendment 31 Moved by Baroness Hanham 31: Schedule 1, page 25, line 7, leave out "audit" and insert "certification"