House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 9 October 2012
- House of Lords: Appointments — Question (21 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether further appointments to the House of Lords are expected to be made during the remainder of the current Parliament.
- Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries: Review — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how much it has cost to conduct the review of parliamentary constituency boundaries in the United Kingdom.
- Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012 — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the current estimate of the outturn cost to HM Treasury of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Railways: Franchises — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their estimate of the cost to the public purse of cancelling the contract award for the West Coast Main Line railway franchise.
- Economic Affairs Committee — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That Lord Skidelsky be appointed a member of the Select Committee in place of Lord Currie of Marylebone, resigned. Motion agreed.
- Justice and Security Bill [HL] — Order of Consideration Motion (9 speeches)
Moved By Lord Wallace of Tankerness That the amendments for the Report stage be marshalled and considered in the following order: Clause 1, Schedule 1, Clauses 2 to 15, Schedules 2 and 3, Clause 16.
- Defamation Bill — Second Reading (19 speeches, 1 annotation)
Moved By Lord McNally That the Bill be read a second time.
- Britain's Industrial Base — Question for Short Debate (18 speeches)
Tabled By Lord Adonis To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the strength of Britain's industrial base.