House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 24 July 2012
- Nigeria — Question (19 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the recent escalation of violence in Nigeria.
- Chilcot Committee: Intercept Evidence — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government when they expect the Chilcot committee to report on the admissibility of intercept evidence.
- Finance: Loan Guarantee Scheme — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how the loan guarantee scheme, announced in a Written Statement by Lord Sassoon on 18 July, will work.
- Public and Commercial Services Union: Strike Action — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to the Public and Commercial Services Union about the proposed strike on the day before the opening of the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Arms Trade Treaty Negotiations — Private Notice Question (14 speeches)
Tabled by Lord Judd To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made in negotiations on the arms trade treaty taking place at the United Nations in New York, which are due to reach...
- Procedure of the House — Motion to Agree (10 speeches)
Moved by The Chairman of Committees That the 1st report from the Select Committee (HL Paper 25) be agreed to.
- Housing Benefit (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Automatic Enrolment) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Child Support Maintenance Calculation Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Child Support Maintenance (Changes to Basic Rate Calculation and Minimum Amount of Liability) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Sanctions) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 — Motions to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Freud That the draft regulations be referred to a Grand Committee. Motions agreed.
- Public Bodies (Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission: Abolition and Transfer of Functions) Order 2012 (0 speeches)
- Social Security (Civil Penalties) Regulations 2012 — Motions to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Freud That the draft order and regulations laid before the House on 23 April and 14 May be approved. Relevant documents: 1st Report from the Secondary Legislation Scrutiny...
- Equality Act 2010 (Age Exceptions) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved by Baroness Verma That the draft order laid before the House on 25 June be approved. Relevant documents: 5th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered in Grand...
- House of Lords (Cessation of Membership) Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
House of Lords (Cessation of Membership) Bill [HL]
- Third Reading (4 speeches)
My Lords, as is usual in these matters, I shall now read the following. I have it in command from Her Majesty the Queen to acquaint the House that Her Majesty, having been informed of the purport...
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill [HL] — Third Reading (9 speeches)
Clause 21 : Amendments and transition Amendment 1 Moved by Baroness Wilcox 1: Clause 21, page 9, line 26, after "of" insert "the Arbitration (Scotland) Act 2010 or"
- Electoral Registration and Administration Bill (0 speeches)
Electoral Registration and Administration Bill
- Second Reading (51 speeches)
Moved by Lord Wallace of Saltaire That the Bill be read a second time. Relevant document: 6th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee.