House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
- Royal Assent (0 speeches)
The following Acts were given Royal Assent: Supply and Appropriation (Main Estimates) Act, Finance Act.
- NHS: Primary Care Trusts — Question (19 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they will take to prevent primary care trusts inappropriately restricting access to patient treatments.
- NHS: Mental Illness — Question (12 speeches, 2 annotations)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their response to the report How mental illness loses out in the NHS, published by the London School of Economics and Political Science on 18 June.
- Social Care: Sustainable Funding — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government when they will announce their plans for sustainably funding adult social care.
- Olympic Games 2012: Traffic — Question (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what contingency plans they have made to deal with heavy traffic on key London roads when the Olympic route network becomes operational from 25 July.
- Draft Electricity and Gas (Smart Meters Licensable Activity) Order 2012 — Motion to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Marland That the draft order be referred to a Grand Committee. Motion agreed.
- Local Authorities (Mayoral Elections) (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (0 speeches)
Link to the Grand Committee Debate
- Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Verma That the draft regulations laid before the House on 12 June be approved. Relevant document: 3rd Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered in...
- Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde 1. That the Commons message of 16 July be considered and that a Committee of five Lords be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Commons as the...
- Arrangement of Business (4 speeches)
My Lords, the House of Commons rises today, as we all know, and noble Lords may recall that, during the Jubilee Recess when this House sat, the Government announced changes to tax policy to the...
- Defence Equipment and Support — Statement (31 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat in the form of a Statement the Answer given by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Defence to an Urgent Question in...
- Justice and Security Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page 3rd Report from the Constitution Committee 5th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee
- Committee (3rd Day) (93 speeches)
Relevant documents: 3rd and 4th Reports from the Constitution Committee, 5th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee. Clause 6 : Proceedings in which court permits closed material applications...
- Education (Exemption from School Inspection) (England) Regulations 2012 — Motion of Regret (17 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Hughes of Stretford That this House regrets that the Education (Exemption from School Inspection) (England) Regulations 2012 (SI 2012/1293) are both unnecessary and...
- Justice and Security Bill [HL] — Committee (3rd Day) (Continued) (37 speeches)
Amendment 67A Moved by Lord Beecham 67A: After Clause 8, insert the following new Clause- "Independent review of closed material procedure The Secretary of State shall ensure that an independent...