House of Lords debates
Monday, 16 July 2012
- Schools: Primary School Places — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking to create 450,000 additional primary school places across England before the next general election.
- Georgia: Public Services — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what lessons they are learning from the introduction of "one-stop shops" for public services in Georgia.
- Gibraltar — Question (14 speeches)
Tabled By Lord Hoyle To ask Her Majesty's Government what has been their response to incursions into the British sovereign waters off Gibraltar by the Spanish Guardia Civil.
- Syria: Olympic Truce — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will propose within the United Nations that steps be taken to apply the Olympic Truce in Syria during at least the period of the 2012 Games, and if...
- Legislative Reform (Annual Review of Local Authorities) Order 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Garden of Frognal That the draft Legislative Reform Order laid before the House on 10 May be approved. Relevant document: 1st Report from the Delegated Powers and Regulatory...
- Further Education Institutions and 16 to 19 Academies (Specification and Disposal of Articles) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Approve (1 speech)
- Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (Authority to Carry) Regulations 2012 — Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Henley That the draft Regulations laid before the House on 30 April be approved. Relevant document: 1st Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, considered in...
- Smoke-free Private Vehicles Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Smoke-free Private Vehicles Bill [HL] 5th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee
- Supply and Appropriation (Main Estimates) Bill (0 speeches)
Supply and Appropriation (Main Estimates) Bill
- Second Reading (and remaining stages) (1 speech)
Moved By Lord Sassoon That the Bill be read a second time. Bill read a second time. Committee negatived. Standing Order 46 having been dispensed with, the Bill was read a third time. Motion...
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill [HL] Report (0 speeches)
Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill [HL]
- Report (90 speeches)
Clause 1 : The Adjudicator Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Browne of Ladyton 1: Clause 1, page 1, line 3, leave out "There is to be a Groceries Code Adjudicator" and insert "A Groceries Code...
- Olympic Games: Security — Statement (27 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall repeat as a Statement an Answer given by my right honourable friend the Home Secretary to an Urgent Question in another place. It is as follows: "Mr...
- Finance Bill (0 speeches)
- Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards — Message from the Commons (0 speeches)
A message was brought from the Commons: (1) That a Committee of this House be established, to be called the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards, to consider and report on- (a)...