House of Lords debates
Monday, 14 May 2012
- Death of a Member: Baroness McFarlane of Llandaff — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the death yesterday of the noble Baroness, Lady McFarlane of Llandaff. On behalf of the House, I extend our condolences to the noble Baroness's family...
- Aviation Policy — Question (27 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government when they expect to complete their consultation on aviation policy and to publish their conclusions.
- Youth Unemployment — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking to reduce youth unemployment.
- Pakistan — Question (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they discussed the issues of democracy, the rule of law and respect for judicial judgments with the Prime Minister of Pakistan on his recent visit.
- Working Tax Credits — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will reconsider the changes to working tax credits.
- Smoke-free Private Vehicles Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to amend the Health Act 2006 to make provision for a ban on smoking in private vehicles where there are children present. The Bill was introduced by Lord Ribeiro, read a first time and...
- Airports (Amendment) Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to amend the Airports Act 1986. The Bill was introduced by Lord Empey, read a first time and ordered to be printed.
- Wind Turbines (Minimum Distance from Residential Premises) Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to make provision for a minimum distance between wind turbines and residential premises according to the size of the wind turbine, and for connected purposes. The Bill was introduced by...
- Presumption of Death and Provisions Relating to Missing Persons Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to make provision for the declaration of presumed death of missing persons for the administration of the affairs of missing persons, and for connected purposes. The Bill was introduced by...
- Committee of Selection — Membership Motion (1 speech)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That in accordance with Standing Order 63 a Committee of Selection be appointed to select and propose to the House the names of the members to form each select...
- Defence Budget — Statement (30 speeches)
My Lords, first, I am sure that the whole House would wish to join me in offering sincere condolences to the families and friends of Corporal Brent McCarthy of the Royal Air Force and Lance...
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (145 speeches)
Moved on Wednesday 9 May by Lord Cope of Berkeley That an humble Address be presented to Her Majesty as follows: "Most Gracious Sovereign-We, Your Majesty's most dutiful and loyal subjects, the...