House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
- Queen's Speech (1 speech)
The Queen, seated on the Throne and attended by Her Officers of State, commanded that the Gentleman Usher of the Black Rod should let the Commons know that it was Her Majesty's pleasure that they...
- Death of a Member: Lord Glenamara — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the death of the noble Lord, Lord Glenamara, on Friday 4 May. On behalf of the House, I extend our sincere condolences to the noble Lord's family and...
- Select Vestries Bill — First Reading (0 speeches)
The Bill was read a first time pro forma.
- Queen's Speech — Debate (1st Day) (5 speeches)
My Lords, I have to acquaint the House that Her Majesty was pleased this morning to make a most gracious Speech from the Throne to both Houses of Parliament assembled in the House of Lords....
- Chairman of Committees (6 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That the noble Lord, Lord Sewel, be appointed to take the Chair in all Committees of the House for this Session.
- Principal Deputy Chairman of Committees (4 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That the noble Lord, Lord Boswell of Aynho, be appointed Principal Deputy Chairman of Committees for this Session.
- Stoppages in the Streets (0 speeches)
It was ordered that the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis do take care that the passages through the streets leading to this House be kept free and open and that no obstruction be...
- Members of the House (0 speeches)
It was ordered that a list of Members of the House, prepared by the Clerk of the Parliaments, be printed. House adjourned at 4.53 pm.