House of Lords debates
Thursday, 31 March 2011
- Olympic Games 2012: Olympic Truce — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what specific initiatives they are planning to implement the Olympic Truce for the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Trade Unions: Ballots — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they intend to remove the threshold of 40 per cent of the electorate having to vote "yes" in ballots on trade union recognition in order to secure a...
- House of Lords: Prayers — Question (22 speeches)
To ask the Chairman of Committees what consideration can be given to widening the scope of House of Lords Prayers into devotions encompassing other Christian traditions and the faiths that are...
- EU: European Financial Stabilisation Mechanism — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what discussions took place between the then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr Alistair Darling, and his successor, Mr George Osborne, before the decision was taken...
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That the debate on the motion in the name of Lord Hollick set down for today shall be limited to three and a half hours and that in the name of Lord Turnberg to two...
- Draft Defamation Bill — Membership Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By The Chairman of Committees That the Commons message of 28 March be considered; that a Committee of six Lords be appointed to join with the Committee appointed by the Commons to consider...
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (Amendment of List of Responders) Order 2011 (0 speeches)
- Charities (Pre-consolidation Amendments) Order 2011 (0 speeches)
- Companies Act 2006 (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Order 2011 (0 speeches)
- Pensions Appeal Tribunals Act 1943(Time Limit for Appeals) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (0 speeches)
- Pensions Appeal Tribunals Act 1943 (Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme) (Rights of Appeal) Regulations 2011 — Motions to Refer to Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That the draft orders and regulations be referred to a Grand Committee. Motions agreed.
- Economy: Growth — Debate (40 speeches, 1 annotation)
Moved By Lord Hollick To call attention to the case for policies to support economic growth and to promote investment, innovation, technology, infrastructure, skills and job creation; and to move...
- NHS: Standards of Care and Commissioning — Debate (28 speeches)
Moved By Lord Turnberg To call attention to standards of care and the commissioning of services in the National Health Service; and to move for papers.
- Inter-parliamentary Scrutiny: EUC Report (0 speeches)
Copy of the Report
- Motion to Endorse (9 speeches)
Moved by Lord Roper That this House endorses the proposal of the European Union Committee for Future inter-parliamentary scrutiny of EU foreign, defence and security policy, and requests the Lord...