House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 8 March 2011
- Introduction: Lord Glasman (0 speeches)
Maurice Mark Glasman Esquire, having been created Baron Glasman, of Stoke Newington and Stamford Hill in the London Borough of Hackney, was introduced and took the oath, supported by Lord...
- Introduction: The Lord Bishop ofSt Edmundsbury and Ipswich (0 speeches)
William Nigel, Lord Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, was introduced and took the oath, supported by the Bishop of Chester and the Bishop of Leicester, and signed an undertaking to abide by...
- Big Society: Women's Organisations — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government how local and regional women's organisations will be involved in the Big Society agenda.
- Credit Unions — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to support the development of credit unions in the United Kingdom.
- Women: Assistance in Pregnancy — Question (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what measures they are taking to assist pregnant women who no longer qualify for a maternity grant and a health in pregnancy grant.
- Insurance: Gender Discrimination — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they intervened in the case before the European Court of Justice on gender discrimination in insurance policies and annuities.
- Business of the House — Motion on Standing Orders (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That Standing Order 46 (No two stages of a Bill to be taken on one day) be dispensed with on Wednesday 9 March to allow the Consolidated Fund (Appropriation) (No. 2)...
- Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills — Motion to Appoint Committee (0 speeches)
Moved by Lord Strathclyde That it is expedient that a joint committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on the draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension)...
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Work Experience) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (0 speeches)
Jobseeker's Allowance (Work Experience) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 15 Report Joint Committee of Statutory Instruments
- Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Freud That the draft regulations laid before the House on 26 January be approved. Relevant document: 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments.Considered in...
- Postal Services Bill (0 speeches)
Main Bill Page Copy of the Bill Explanatory Notes Amendments 9th Report Delegated Powers
- Committee (1st Day) (73 speeches)
Relevant document: 9th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee. Clause 1 : Removal of restrictions on ownership of Royal Mail Holdings plc etc Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Young of Norwood Green...
- Energy Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Energy Bill Copy of the Bill Explanatory Notes Amendments
- Report (2nd Day) (31 speeches)
Amendment 167 Tabled by Lord Whitty 167: Before Clause 99, insert the following new Clause- "Compensation where the Secretary of State requests termination of offshore lease or agreement to...
- Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005 (Continuance in Force of Sections 1 to 9) Order 2011 (0 speeches)
Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005 (Continuance in Force of Sections 1 to 9) Order 2011 15th Report Joint Committee Statutory Instruments. 8th Report Joint Committee Human Rights.
- Motion to Approve (18 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Neville-Jones That the draft order laid before the House on 3 February be approved. Relevant documents: 15th Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments, 8th...