House of Lords debates
Thursday, 8 July 2010
- Introduction: Lord Davies of Stamford (0 speeches)
John Quentin Davies, having been created Baron Davies of Stamford, of Stamford in the County of Lincolnshire, was introduced and took the oath, supported by Lord Temple-Morris and Lord Radice,...
- Introduction: Baroness Smith of Basildon (0 speeches)
Angela Evans Smith, having been created Baroness Smith of Basildon, of Basildon in the County of Essex, was introduced and took the oath, supported Lord Dubs and Baroness Andrews, and signed an...
- Introduction: Lord Prescott (0 speeches)
John Leslie Prescott, having been created Baron Prescott, of Kingston-upon-Hull in the County of East Yorkshire, was introduced and made the solemn affirmation, supported by Lord Dixon and Lord...
- Housing — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to meet the need for new housing.
- Freedoms and Civil Liberties — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proposals they have to restore individual freedoms and civil liberties.
- Education: History — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what will be the roles of Niall Ferguson and Andrew Roberts with regard to the history curriculum for schools in England.
- Linda Carty — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to the United States authorities about reprieving Linda Carty.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, my noble friend Lady Neville-Jones will repeat a Statement on Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 immediately after the debate in the name of the noble Lord, Lord Chidgey. I have...
- Africa: Post-conflict Stabilisation — Debate (15 speeches)
Moved By Lord Chidgey To call attention to developments in regional post-conflict stabilisation in eastern and central Africa; and to move for papers.
- Terrorism Act 2000 — Statement (22 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I will repeat a Statement made earlier today by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for the Home Department. The Statement is as follows. "Mr...
- Housing — Debate (18 speeches, 1 annotation)
Moved By Baroness Ford To call attention to the level of affordable housing; and to move for Papers.
- City of Westminster Bill [HL] — First and Second Reading and Committed to Committee (0 speeches)
The Chairman of Committees informed the House that, in accordance with Private Business Standing Order 150B (Revival of Bills), the bill had been deposited in the Office of the Clerk of the...