House of Lords debates
Thursday, 1 July 2010
- Introduction: Baroness Donaghy (0 speeches)
Rita Margaret Donaghy CBE, having been created Baroness Donaghy, of Peckham in the London Borough of Southwark, was introduced and made the solemn affirmation, supported by Baroness Dean of...
- Introduction: Lord Hutton of Furness (0 speeches)
The right honourable John Matthew Patrick Hutton, having been created Lord Hutton of Furness, of Aldingham in the County of Cumbria, was introduced and took the oath, supported by Lord Triesman...
- Introduction: Lord Boateng (0 speeches)
The right honourable Paul Yaw Boateng, having been created Baron Boateng, of Akyem in the Republic of Ghana and of Wembley in the London Borough of Brent, was introduced and took the oath,...
- Human Rights: Journalists — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to other countries about harassment, intimidation and assassination of journalists, and the implications for democracy and...
- Ports: Business Rates — Question (6 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what arrangements they are making to collect backdated non-domestic rates in respect of port-side operators.
- Political Parties: Funding — Question (22 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proposals they have to reform party funding and to limit donations to political parties.
- Education: Languages — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their response to the Paris Declaration of 23 June on the global shortage of qualified linguists.
- Academies Bill [HL] — Order of Consideration Motion (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Hill of Oareford That the amendments for the Report stage be marshalled and considered in the following order: Clauses 1 to 9, Schedule 1, Clause 10, Schedule 2, Clauses 11 to 16....
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (1 speech)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That leave be given to advance the Report stage of the Academies Bill [HL] from 7 July to 6 July.
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Strathclyde That the debate on the motion in the name of Baroness Perry of Southwark set down for today shall be limited to 2 hours and that in the name of Lord Howe of Aberavon to...
- Local Communities — Debate (13 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Perry of Southwark To call attention to Her Majesty's Government's proposals to devolve power to local communities; and to move for papers.
- Foreign Policy — Debate (24 speeches)
Moved By Lord Howe of Aberavon To call attention to the objectives of the United Kingdom's foreign policy in the face of changing hazards and opportunities; and to move for papers.
- London Local Authorities Bill [HL] — First Reading and Remaining Stages (0 speeches)
The Chairman of Committees informed the House that, pursuant to Private Business Standing Order 150B (Revival of Bills), the bill had been deposited in the Office of the Clerk of the Parliaments...