House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 8 June 2010
- European Union: Debts — Question (20 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether Article 122.2 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union has been or could be used to require the United Kingdom to underwrite £9.6...
- House of Lords Reform: Committee Membership — Question (29 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what will be the membership of the committee to be established to bring forward proposals for a wholly or mainly elected upper chamber.
- Schools: Modern Languages — Question (18 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proposals they have for the teaching of modern languages in primary schools.
- Israel and Gaza — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what recent discussions they have had about the situation in Israel and Gaza.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, it may be helpful for me to say a few words about the procedural Motion in the name of the noble Lord, Lord Howarth of Newport. The Motion proposes that the Local Government Bill should...
- Local Government Bill [HL] — Motion to refer to the Examiners (11 speeches)
Moved by Lord Howarth of Newport That the Bill be referred to the examiners.
- UK: Competitiveness — Question for Short Debate (14 speeches)
Tabled By Lord Levene of Portsoken To ask Her Majesty's Government what factors they take into account when making sure that the United Kingdom maintains its competitiveness.