House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 11 February 2009
- Australia: Bush Fires — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, during Questions yesterday, the noble Lord, Lord Howell of Guildford, proposed that we should, as a House, express our sympathy and concern for the tragic events in Australia. There was...
- Sudan: Comprehensive Peace Agreement — Question (12 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their response to recent developments in Sudan, with particular reference to the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement.
- Afghanistan: Military Equipment — Question (17 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps are being taken to prevent the destruction of vehicles and equipment for NATO and the British Armed Forces in transit to Afghanistan; and whether the...
- Zimbabwe — Question (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their policy towards Zimbabwe.
- Heritage: Minton Archive — Question (15 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they will take to ensure that the Minton archive is not broken up and that its future is secured in an appropriate museum in the United Kingdom.
- House of Lords: Conduct of Members — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, on 29 January, I made an announcement to the House informing Members of a number of issues in relation to allegations originally made earlier that week by the media about certain...
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, there are 32 speakers in today's Second Reading of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill. To allow sufficient time for debate on the Northern Ireland arms decommission order as...
- Banking Bill (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page Explanatory Notes Lords Amendments to the Bill
- Commons Amendment (13 speeches)
Motion A Moved by Lord Myners That this House do not insist on its Amendment 83 to which the Commons have disagreed, but do agree with the Commons in their Amendment 83A in lieu thereof. 83A:...
- Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Bill Main Page Bill as Introduced Explanatory Notes
- Second Reading (48 speeches, 4 annotations)
Moved By Lord West of Spithead That the Bill be read a second time.
- Northern Ireland Arms Decommissioning Act 1997 (Amnesty Period) Order 2009 (0 speeches)
Copy of the Order 2nd Report from JCSI
- Motion to Approve (8 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Royall of Blaisdon That the draft order laid before the House on 3 December 2008 be approved. Relevant document: 2nd Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments.