House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 4 February 2009
- Afghanistan: Helmand Province — Question (16 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the strategic objective of operations in Helmand province; and how they will inform the public when it has been achieved.
- Food: Pork and Bacon — Question (8 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what responses they have received following the public sector procurement initiative in respect of the proportion of British pork and bacon purchased in Britain.
- Osce — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what are the implications for the future effectiveness of the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe of the ending of its mission in Georgia.
- Zimbabwe — Question (14 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their response to the reported agreement to form a Government of national unity in Zimbabwe.
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill [HL] — First Reading (0 speeches)
A Bill to confer further powers on the Football Licensing Authority and to amend its name; and for connected purposes. The Bill was introduced by Lord Faulkner of Worcester, read a first time and...
- Health Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Copy of Bill Explanatory Notes
- Second Reading (43 speeches, 1 annotation)
Moved By Lord Darzi of Denham That the Bill be read a second time.
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, it has been agreed through the usual channels that, in view of the late hour, the Motion on the Order Paper in the name of my noble friend Lord Sewel should be postponed to a later date.