House of Lords debates
Thursday, 29 January 2009
- Equal Pay — Question (20 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to ensure pay equality between men and women.
- Energy: Light Bulbs — Question (19 speeches, 1 annotation)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their position on the phasing out of 100- and 75-watt traditional light bulbs.
- Prisoners: Disabilities — Question (12 speeches, 3 annotations)
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will include in the training of governor grades and of prison officers the needs of prisoners with disabilities and long-term medical conditions.
- Pensions — Question (10 speeches)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the recent report of the National Association of Pension Funds saying that a quarter of the firms surveyed may close their final...
- House of Lords: Conduct of Members — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, on Monday I answered a Private Notice Question on matters arising from the allegations made by the Sunday Times this week about certain Members of this House. I want today to update the...
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (1 speech)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, my noble friend Lord Carter of Barnes will repeat the Statement on Digital Britain: The Interim Report immediately after the debate in the name of the noble...
- Welsh Ministers (Transfer of Functions) (No. 2) Order 2009 (0 speeches)
Copy of the Order
- Business of the House — Timing of Debates (0 speeches)
Moved By Baroness Royall of Blaisdon That the debates on the Motions in the names of Lord Browne of Madingley and Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve set down for today shall each be limited to two and...
- Climate Change — Debate (13 speeches, 1 annotation)
Moved By Lord Browne of Madingley To call attention to the political aspects of addressing climate change; and to move for Papers.
- Communications: Digital Britain — Statement (28 speeches, 1 annotation)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I will now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport. The statement is as...
- Inequality — Debate (16 speeches)
Moved By Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve To call attention to the impact of choice on the level of inequality; and to move for Papers.
- Merchant Shipping and Fishing Vessels (Port Waste Reception Facilities) (Amendment) Regulations 2009 (0 speeches)
Copy of the Order 2nd Report from JCSI
- Motion to Approve (4 speeches)
Moved By Lord Adonis That the draft regulations laid before the House on 4 December 2008 be approved. Relevant Document: 2nd Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments.
- Civil Procedure (Amendment No. 2) Rules 2009 — Motion to Approve (5 speeches)
Moved By Lord Bach That the draft Rules laid before the House on 3 December 2008 be approved. Relevant document: 1st report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments.
- Rules of the Supreme Court (Northern Ireland) (Amendment No. 3) 2009 (0 speeches)
Copy of the Rule 1st Report from JCSI
- Motion to Approve (0 speeches)
Moved By Lord Bach That the draft rules laid before the House on 3 December 2008 be approved. Relevant document: 1st Report from the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments. Motion agreed.
- Euro — Question for Short Debate (13 speeches)
Tabled By Lord Dykes To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will undertake an analysis of the prospects for United Kingdom membership of the euro, including the effects of delay on...