House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 19 June 2007
- Gulf War Illnesses (10 speeches, 1 annotation)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What further consideration they are giving to the problems and needs of veterans of the 1990—91 Gulf War with still undiagnosed illnesses and of the...
- Carbon Emissions: Offsetting (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What steps are taken to ensure that carbon offsets purchased on the open market provide the purchaser with real reductions in carbon dioxide emissions.
- EU: Amending Treaty (19 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they intend to support a new treaty modernising European Union institutions and rules at the European Council in June.
- Older People: Abuse (16 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What action they propose to take following the publication of the report UK Study of Abuse and Neglect of Older People 2007.
- Business (3 speeches)
My Lords, with the permission of the House, we shall have two Statements this afternoon. The first, on the prison population, will be delivered by my noble and learned friend Lord Falconer...
- Prisons: Population (38 speeches, 1 annotation)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now make a Statement on the prison population. The Ministry of Justice has been in existence for five weeks. I announced on 9 May my department's...
- Greater London Authority Bill (22 speeches)
Report received. Clause 2 [Consultation]:
- Iran: HMS "Cornwall" (34 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Defence Secretary. The Statement is as follows: "On 16 April, I...
- Greater London Authority Bill (33 speeches)
Consideration of amendments on Report resumed. Clause 3 [The Mayor's periodic report to the Assembly]:
- Community Drivers' Hours and Recording Equipment Regulations 2007 (17 speeches, 1 annotation)
rose to move, That the draft regulations laid before the House on 14 May be approved.
- Greater London Authority Bill (53 speeches)
Consideration of amendments on Report resumed. Clause 13 [Procedure for determining Authority's consolidated budget requirement ]: