House of Lords debates
Thursday, 18 January 2007
- Disability: Manual for Streets (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What account they propose to take, in the forthcoming Manual for Streets, of (a) the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association's research on shared surfaces; and (b)...
- Health: Velcade (16 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What are the consequences to National Health Service patients of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence's decision not to approve the drug Velcade.
- Armed Forces: Future Aircraft Carrier (18 speeches, 2 annotations)
asked Her Majesty's Government: When the Royal Navy future carrier demonstration phase is expected to complete, and when the main investment decision is expected to be taken.
- BAE Systems: Al Yamamah Contract (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether discussions with the intelligence services concluded that national security would be in jeopardy if the Serious Fraud Office were allowed to continue its...
- Business (1 speech)
My Lords, I wish to make a short business statement. With the leave of the House, a Statement on the BBC licence fee will be repeated later today by my noble friend Lord Davies of Oldham. It will...
- Northern Ireland Assembly (Elections) (Amendment) Order 2007 (0 speeches)
- Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Amendment of Schedules 3 and 5) Order 2007 (0 speeches)
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Order 2007 (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motions standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, that the orders be referred to a Grand Committee.—(Baroness Amos.)
- Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill [HL] (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing on the Order Paper in the name of my noble friend Lady Ashton. Moved, that the amendments for the Report stage be marshalled and considered in the...
- Social Care (17 speeches)
rose to call attention to issues relating to the social care workforce; and to move for Papers. My Lords, it was an unexpected pleasure to see that the noble Lord, Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, would...
- BBC: Licence Fee (22 speeches)
My Lords, with permission, I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place on the future funding of the BBC. The Statement is as follows: "Over the past three years, the public, industry and...
- Railways: Franchises (13 speeches, 1 annotation)
rose to call attention to the present franchising system for the railway industry; and to move for Papers. My Lords, some of your Lordships may remember that a while ago in another life I carried...
- Energy: Nuclear Safety and Waste (EUC Report) (15 speeches)
rose to move, That this House takes note of the report of the European Union Committee on Managing Nuclear Safety and Waste: The Role of the EU (37th Report, HL Paper 211, Session 2005-06).