House of Lords debates
Monday, 17 October 2005
- The Lord Bishop of Exeter (0 speeches)
Michael Laurence, Lord Bishop of Exeter—Was (in the usual manner) introduced between the Lord Bishop of Chester and the Lord Bishop of Southwell.
- International Students: Visa Charges (17 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they will review the impact of the new charges for visas on the numbers of overseas university students coming to the United Kingdom.
- Electricity Generation (18 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What plans they have for the construction of power transmission lines from remote offshore wind farms.
- House of Lords: Sitting Days (10 speeches)
asked the Leader of the House: Whether it is now the case that the House of Lords sits only on days when the House of Commons is sitting.
- Olympic Games 2012: Opening Ceremony (10 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What is their policy on the performance of traditional singing and dancing, such as morris dancing, at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in 2012.
- Business (1 speech)
My Lords, with permission we shall have a Statement repeated today on preparations by the Department of Health in the event of an influenza pandemic. We shall take that Statement after the Second...
- Northern Ireland (Sentences) Act 1998 (Specified Organisations) Order 2005 (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That the draft order be referred to a Grand Committee.—(Baroness Amos).
- Equality Bill [HL] (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That the amendments for the Report stage be marshalled and considered in the following order: Clauses 1 and 2...
- Regulation of Financial Services (Land Transactions) Bill (6 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that this Bill be now read a second time. The aim of the Bill is to bring home reversion plans and Ijara financing arrangements into statutory regulation by the FSA. Noble...
- Avian Flu (18 speeches)
My Lords, with permission, I wish to repeat a Statement on Department of Health preparations for an influenza pandemic made by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State in the other...
- Merchant Shipping (Pollution) Bill [HL] (12 speeches)
- Criminal Defence Service Bill [HL] (38 speeches)
Report received. Clause 1 [Grant of rights to representation]:
- Road Safety Bill [HL] (154 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do now again resolve itself into Committee on this Bill.