House of Lords debates
Thursday, 29 April 2004
- Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: When they now expect their new Disability Discrimination Bill to be presented to Parliament.
- Prime Minister: Plans to Meet Senator John Kerry (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether the Prime Minister has any plans to meet Senator John Kerry before the United States presidential election.
- Supermarkets: Independent Watchdog (14 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they intend to appoint an independent supermarket watchdog.
- EU: Draft Constitutional Treaty (14 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What proposals they have put to their European Union partners for an alternative treaty, setting out and simplifying appropriate rules for an enlarged Union, in...
- Fire and Rescue Services Bill (1 speech)
My Lords, on behalf of my noble friend Lord Rooker, I beg to move the Motion standing in his name on the Order Paper. Moved, That it be an instruction to the Grand Committee to which the Fire and...
- Justice (Northern Ireland) Bill [HL] (1 speech)
My Lords, on behalf of my noble friend the Lord President, I beg to move that the Commons amendments be now considered.
- Commons Amendments (0 speeches)
[The page and line refer to Bill 55 as first printed for the Commons.] 1 After Clause 4, insert the following new clause—
- "Removal or suspension from listed judicial offices (5 speeches)
In section 7 of the 2002 Act in subsection (5) (agreement of the Lord Chief Justice required to the removal or suspension of a person from a listed judicial office) for "without the agreement of"...
- Commons Amendment (1 speech)
2 Clause 11, page 8, line 20, leave out "and" and insert— "( ) after paragraph (3) insert— "(3A) If, on an application made by a constable, a justice of the peace is satisfied...
- Commons Amendments (0 speeches)
3 Clause 12, page 8, line 42, leave out "England and Wales" and insert "another part of the United Kingdom", 4 Page 9, line 1, leave out "England and Wales" and insert "that other part", 5 Page...
- "Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2004 (1 speech)
22AOffences under paragraph 1(1) or (2) of Schedule 2 to the Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2004 (absconding by persons admitted to bail in respect of a scheduled offence), subject to note 1...
- Employment Relations Bill (25 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do now adjourn during pleasure until quarter past twelve.
- European Communities (Definition of Treaties) (Agreement on Enlargement of the European Economic Area) Order 2004 (6 speeches)
rose to move, That the draft order laid before the House on 26 April be approved [16th Report from the Joint Committee].
- Health Protection Agency Bill [HL] (14 speeches)
Read a third time. Clause 4 [Functions: supplementary]:
- Regional Development Agencies and Science (15 speeches)
rose to move, That this House takes note of the report of the Science and Technology Committee on Science and the RDAs: SETting the regional agenda (5th Report, Session 2002–03, HL Paper 140).
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Bill (0 speeches)
Bill returned from the Commons with a Lords amendment disagreed to, with a reason for such disagreement, with another amendment disagreed to but with an amendment proposed in lieu thereof, and...