House of Lords debates
Wednesday, 31 March 2004
- The Lord Chancellor: Leave of Absence (1 speech)
My Lords, before business begins, may I take the opportunity to inform the House that I will be undertaking a ministerial visit to Leicester on Monday 19 April? Accordingly, I trust that the...
- House of Lords: Select Committee Reports (16 speeches)
asked the Leader of the House: How she will ensure that adequate and suitable time is made available for the House to debate Select Committee reports.
- Medicines and Foods: Interaction (16 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What information is given to patients and carers to enable them to identify drug interactions and interaction between drugs and certain foods.
- House of Lords: Legislative Conventions (19 speeches)
asked the Leader of the House: Whether the House of Lords has broken any conventions between the two Houses of Parliament on the consideration of legislation over the past two Sessions; if so, on...
- Government Communications (4 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Who will have direct ministerial responsibility for the newly appointed Permanent Under-Secretary of State for Communications and where the post will be located.
- Children: Attendance at School (18 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What lessons they have learnt from the repeated imprisonment of Patricia Amos for failing to prevent the truancy of her daughters from school.
- Business (1 speech)
My Lords, I wish to comment on today's Order Paper. Those noble Lords who follow such matters will know that yesterday we moved three orders to today to try to make yesterday's business more...
- Business of the House: Debate this Day (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That the debate on the Motion in the name of the Baroness Williams of Crosby set down for today shall be limited...
- Assisted Dying for the Terminally Ill Bill [HL] (11 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That, as proposed by the Committee of Selection, the following Lords be named of the Select Committee on the...
- London Local Authorities Bill [HL] (6 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Commons amendments be now considered. Moved, That the Commons amendments be now considered.—(The Chairman of Committees.)
- Middle East (20 speeches)
rose to call attention to recent developments in the Middle East; and to move for Papers. My Lords, in introducing this very important debate I point out that at the other end of these great...
- Business of the House: Arrangement of the Order Paper (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move that the three Motions in the name of my noble friend Lord Filkin be postponed until after the Unstarred Question.
- Engineering (6 speeches)
rose to ask Her Majesty's Government whether enough is being done within the educational process to attract young engineers to industry, and in particular to the automotive and motorsport...
- Courts Boards Areas Order 2004 (7 speeches)
rose to move that the draft order laid before the House on 26th February be approved [11th Report from the Joint Committee].
- Courts Boards (Appointments and Procedure) Regulations 2004 (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the second Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That the draft regulations laid before the House on 26 February be approved [11th Report from the Joint...
- Community Legal Services (Scope) Regulations 2004 (18 speeches)
rose to move that the draft regulations laid before the House on 12th February be approved [9th Report from the Joint Committee].