House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 11 November 2003
- University Spin-out Companies (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What effect the tax legislation introduced in the Finance Act 2003 will have on the development of "spin-out companies" in Britain's universities.
- Household Debt (22 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What is their view of current levels of household debt.
- Uzbekistan: Human Rights (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What reports they have received this year about the state of human rights in Uzbekistan.
- Non-accredited Universities (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What measures they are considering to prevent non-accredited universities being set up in the United Kingdom and charging substantial fees for degrees which have...
- Drought Plans (18 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: When a lack of rainfall becomes a drought enabling Ministers to direct water companies to implement drought plans.
- Mersey Tunnels Bill (1 speech)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper. Moved, That the promoters of the Bill have leave to suspend any further proceedings thereon in order to proceed with it,...
- Taxation (Information) Bill [HL] (1 speech)
My Lords, I understand that no amendments have been set down to this Bill and that no noble Lord has indicated a wish to move a manuscript amendment or to speak in Committee. Therefore, unless...
- Identity Cards (34 speeches)
My Lords, with the leave of the House, I shall now repeat a Statement made in another place by my right honourable friend the Home Secretary. The Statement is as follows: "With permission, Mr...
- Criminal Justice Bill (20 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Bill be now further considered on Report. Moved, That the Bill be further considered on Report.—(Lord Bassam of Brighton.)
- "prisoners Liable to Removal from United Kingdom:modifications of Criminal Justice Act 1991 (59 speeches)
1 In this Schedule "the 1991 Act" means the Criminal Justice Act 1991 (c. 53). 2 In section 42 of the 1991 Act (additional days for disciplinary offences), in subsection (2) before the word "and"...
- "Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003 (c. 00) (12 speeches)
In section 47 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003 (closure of noisy premises), in subsection (5)(a), for "three months" there is substituted "51 weeks." On Question, amendment agreed to....
- "sentencing for Firearms Offences in Northern Ireland (3 speeches)
1 The Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 1981 (S.I. 1981/155(N.I. 2)) is amended as follows. 2 In Article 2(2) (interpretation) after the definition of "firearms dealer" there is inserted—...
- "Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1980 (c. 55) (0 speeches)
30A In Schedule 1 to the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1980 (ineligibility for and disqualification and excusal from jury service), in Part 2, in paragraph (bb), for...
- "Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 (c. 45) (1 speech)
46A The Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 is amended as follows. 46B In section 1 (prohibited weapons and ammunition), in subsection (4A) after paragraph (b) there is inserted— "(bb) may amend...
- "Sexual Offences Act 2003 (3 speeches)
129A The Sexual Offences Act 2003 is amended as follows. 129B In section 131 (application of Part 2 to young offenders), after paragraph (j) there is inserted— "(k) a sentence of detention...
- "Reserve Forces Act 1996 (c. 14) (24 speeches)
In paragraph 5(3) of Schedule 1 to the Reserve Forces Act 1996, for the words "imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months" there is substituted "dismissal from Her Majesty's service with...
- "Crime (International Co-operation) Act 2003 (1 speech)
16A After section 4 of the Crime (International Co-operation) Act 2003 there is inserted— "4A GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SERVICE OF WRITTEN CHARGE OR REQUISITION (1) This section applies to...
- Allocation and Sending of Offences (12 speeches)
Short title and chapter Extent of repeal Bankers' Books Evidence Act 1879 (c. 11) In section 4, the paragraph beginning "Where the proceedings". In section 5, the paragraph beginning...
- Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Bill (85 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Bill be now further considered on Report. Moved, That the Bill be further considered on Report.—(Lord Warner.)
- Arms Control and Disarmament (Inspections) Bill [HL] (0 speeches)
Bill returned from the Commons agreed to.
- European Union (Accessions) Bill (0 speeches)
Bill returned from the Commons with the amendment agreed to. House adjourned at sixteen minutes before eleven o'clock.