House of Lords debates
Tuesday, 18 January 2000
- Teachers: Recruitment Campaigns (16 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they are satisfied with the response to the recent advertising campaign for recruitment of primary school and secondary school teachers.
- Disability Rights Task Force (12 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they intend to implement the main recommendations of the Disability Rights Task Force.
- Millennium Wheel (18 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: What is the maximum wind strength which the Millennium Wheel (London Eye) has been designed to withstand (a) when stationary and (b) when in use.
- Traffic Congestion (16 speeches)
asked Her Majesty's Government: Whether they will create new special bus lanes on motorways and trunk roads, consider allowing their use by vehicles carrying two or more persons and establish...
- Armed Forces Discipline Bill [H.L.] (65 speeches)
- Care Standards Bill [H.L.] (57 speeches)
My Lords, on behalf of my noble friend Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, I beg to move that the House do now again resolve itself into Committee on this Bill. Moved, That the House do now again resolve...
- Kent County Council Bill [H.L.] (16 speeches)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Bill be now read a third time. I believe that it will be for the convenience of your Lordships' House if, in speaking to this Bill, I speak also to the identical...
- Medway Council Bill [H.L.] (0 speeches)
Read a third time, and passed, and sent to the Commons.
- Care Standards Bill [H.L.] (91 speeches)
House again in Committee. Clause 69 [Basic definitions]: