Oral Answers to Questions — Communities and Local Government
- Council Tax (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to help reduce the cost of council tax.
- Local Suppliers (8 speeches)
If he will encourage local authorities to increase their use of local suppliers in the provision of goods and services.
- Universal Credit (Housing) (10 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on direct payments to tenants for the housing element of universal credit.
- Unauthorised Development (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
What plans he has to increase the powers of local authorities to tackle unauthorised development.
- Private Rented Sector (9 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the (a) affordability, (b) length of tenure and (c) standards of housing afforded to tenants in the private rented sector.
- Council Tax Benefit Localisation (Stretford and Urmston) (10 speeches, 1 annotation)
What assessment he has made of the effect of council tax benefit localisation on families in Stretford and Urmston constituency.
- Private Rented Sector (Young Homebuyers) (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect of the number of properties in the private rented sector on young people attempting to purchase a home.
- Empty Homes (9 speeches)
What steps he is taking to promote the refurbishment of empty and vacant homes.
- Local High Streets (13 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to support local high streets.
- House Building (4 speeches)
What estimate he has made of the number of new homes which will be built in 2012.
- New Homes Bonus (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the difference between the number of (a) new homes being built and (b) units qualifying for the new homes bonus; and if he will make a statement. [R]
- Right to Buy (8 speeches)
What plans he has to promote the right to buy for tenants of social housing.
- Economic Growth (6 speeches)
What steps he has taken to encourage local authorities to promote business and economic growth.
- Social Housing (4 speeches)
What plans he has to tackle the abuse of social housing tenancies.
- Onshore Wind Farms (4 speeches)
What guidance his Department has issued to the Planning Inspectorate on planning appeals concerning onshore wind farms.
- Topical Questions (42 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Afghanistan (Civilian Killings) (49 speeches, 1 annotation)
(Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will make a statement on what discussions he has had with his US counterpart over the killing of civilians in Afghanistan.
- Personal Statement (2 speeches)
Thank you, Mr Speaker. Hon. Members will be aware of the events in the Strangers Bar on 22 February, during which the standard of my conduct fell egregiously below what is required of a Member...
- Backbench Business Committee (92 speeches)
Before I call the Deputy Leader of the House to move the motion, I should inform the House that I have selected amendments (a), (b) and (c) in the name of Natascha Engel and amendments (g) and...
- Committee on Standards and Committee of Privileges (38 speeches)
With the permission of the House, we will deal with motions 2, 3 and 4 together. I inform the House that Mr Speaker has selected the amendments to motion 2 in the names of Sir Alan Meale, Sir...
- Pay for chairs of Select Committees
Resolved , That— (1) this House expresses the opinion that, from the date specified in paragraph (2) of this resolution, the Resolution of the House of 30 October 2003 (Pay for Chairmen of...
- PAY FOR CHAIRS OF SELECT COMMITTEES (No. 2)
Queen’s Recommendation signified. Ordered, That— (1) From the date specified in paragraph (2) of this resolution, the Resolution of the House of 30 October 2003 (Pay for Chairmen of...
- Code of Conduct (52 speeches)
We now come to the debate on the code of conduct and on all-party groups. Motion 5 relates to the report of the Committee on Standards and Privileges on the revised code of conduct, which will be...
- All-Party Groups
Resolved , That (1) this House agrees with the recommendations in the Twenty-first Report of the Committee on Standards and Privileges, on Registration of Staff All-Party Groups (HC 1689); and...
- Localism Act 2011 (5 speeches)
I beg to move, That— (1) The following new Standing Order be made— ‘Localism Act 2011, etc.: scrutiny of certain orders and draft orders (1) The Regulatory Reform Committee...