Oral Answers to Questions — Transport
- Rolling Stock Contracts (17 speeches)
What assessment his Department has made of the ability of British-based train manufacturers to win contracts for rolling stock.
- Rail Travel (11 speeches)
What assessment he has made of recent trends in levels of rail travel.
- Heavy Goods Vehicles (10 speeches, 1 annotation)
What assessment he has made of the potential road safety implications of increasing the maximum length of heavy goods vehicles.
- Rail Investment (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the importance of the voice of the passenger to decisions about rail investment; and if he will make a statement.
- Rail Franchises (8 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had on reform of rail franchising.
- Concessionary Coach Travel (9 speeches)
What impact assessment his Department undertook in relation to the decision to end concessionary coach travel for elderly and disabled people.
- Cycling (7 speeches, 1 annotation)
What recent steps he has taken to encourage cycling.
- Rail Network (Sustainability) (9 speeches)
What steps he is taking to ensure the economic sustainability of the rail network.
- Rail Projects (6 speeches)
What plans he has to review the business case for (a) High Speed 2 and (b) Crossrail.
- Rolling Stock (Procurement) (6 speeches)
What recent assessment his Department has made of the effectiveness of its procurement policy for rail rolling stock.
- Topical Questions (30 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.